As made by Ralph Ludwig at January 26, 2020 Potluck
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 -1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 3 cups sharp cheddar (grated and divided)
- 1 (20oz) each) of pineapple chunks & crushed (drained)
- 6 tablespoons pineapple juice (reserved from the can)
- 1 1/2 cups of buttery cracker crumbs such as Ritz crackers
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter (for greasing the pan)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Use the 1 tablespoon of butter to grease a medium-size casserole dish. (2 quart)
- In a large bowl, stir together the white sugar, brown sugar, flour and nutmeg is using. Gradually stir in 2 cups of cheddar cheese.
- Add the well drained pineapple chunks and crushed, reserved pineapple juice (6 Tbs) and stir until well combined. Pour the mixture into the prepared casserole dish.
- Top with the remaining 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese.
- In a medium bowl, combine cracker crumbs with melted butter, until well blended. Spread the crumb mixture on top of the casserole. (I added some additional brown sugar to this mixture)
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown.